Horticultural Sciences Transfer Requirements
- Have at least a 2.5 GPR on at least 24 graded semester hours of transferable coursework at the time of application to be considered.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of three (3) credit hours from the following list of courses: MATH 141, MATH 142, CHEM 101 & 111 and either BIOL 101 or BIOL 111. Preference will be given to students who have completed more than the minimum required courses from this list. (See below for Texas Common Course Number)
- Excessive grades of Ds, Fs, Qs, NG’s and/or W’s (more than four total) should be addressed in your essay. Why did those grades occur? What have you done to correct your poor grade performance?
How to Apply
The transfer application and general information regarding transfer admissions can be found at http://admissions.tamu.edu/ Under Transfer Admissions.
Application Essay: In the area given to respond to ESSAY A, you must include the following:
- Why do you want a Horticulture degree?
- How will a Horticulture degree help you meet your career goals? Writing about hardships endured, or being inspired to be an Aggie after attending football games as a child, etc., are not acceptable.
It is also recommended that you contact the department to show your interest.
|Texas A&M Course Number||State of Texas Common Course Number|
|MATH 141||*MATH 1324 from some community colleges will not be a direct equivalent to MATH 141 at Texas A&M University but will satisfy the core math requirement for this major.
|MATH 142||MATH 1325|
|BIOL 101 or BIOL 111||BIOL 1311 & 1111 or BIOL 1411 or BIOL 1406|
|CHEM 101 & 111||CHEM 1411 or CHEM 1311 & 1111|
Refer to http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer: Hover over Transfer and then select Transfer Course Equivalency for additional transfer equivalencies.