The Landscape Management Certificate, offered by the Department of Horticultural Sciences, contains 15 hours of concentrated study in the areas of landscape design, construction, and maintenance, turfgrass management, and landscape business operations. The certificate is designed to provide a knowledge base to those individuals who have an interest in pursuing a career that involves landscape management. The certificate is open to all majors, but students should consult with their academic advisor prior to submitting a Landscape Management Certificate program application.
Students must complete a Portfolio Benchmark Assessment.
Students must pass the Texas Certified Landscape Associate exam administered by the Texas Nursery and Landscape Association before completing the certificate.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Texas A&M and, if required, have permission from their departmental advisor to apply for the Landscape Management Certificate.
- Any major at TAMU may apply
- An overall TAMU GPA of 2.0 or higher is required for acceptance into the Landscape Management Certificate
- Must complete Landscape Management Certificate program application
- Landscape Management emphasis: Students must pass the Texas Certified Landscape Associate exam administered by the Texas Nursery and Landscape Association
- Residential Landscape Design emphasis: Students must complete a Portfolio Benchmark Assessment